- Morning Worship service on Wednesday 2nd September at 10.00am
Join in on Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86833181830
It is also available to dial in via phone on 0203 481 5237. Once you are in Zoom you will be asked to enter the meeting id: 86833181830#. You must then enter # again to enter the meeting. There is no need to enter a participant number.
- Canalside Sunday services are on YouTube from Saturday evening each week. See the link on our Home page.
- Support for people feeling lonely
A number of organisations in Wiltshire are providing befriending support to people who are feeling lonely or isolated at this difficult time. We've collated a list of those organisations and the type of support they provide.
Click Befriending Organisations for details.
- Church of England Worship at Home
A weekly service. Click on https://www. churchofengland.org/more/ media- (...) from 9.00am on Sunday to join in this service.
- Daily Hope Free Phone Line
The Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, has launched a free national phone line as a simple new way to bring worship and into people’s homes while church buildings are closed because of the coronavirus.
Daily Hope offers music, prayers and reflections as well as full worship services from the Church of England at the end of a telephone line.
The line – which is available 24 hours a day on 0800 804 8044 – has been set up particularly with those unable to join online church services during the period of restrictions in mind. Please share this with your friends and family members who are not online. All calls are free.
- Salisbury Cathedral is 800 years old!
You can experience a virtual art exhibition to celebrate the 800th anniversary of the laying of the foundation stone of Salisbury Cathedral. As the Cathedral is currently closed, click on
https://www.salisburycathedral.org.uk/news (...) to see the exhibition, 'Celebrating 800 years of spirit and endeavour'.
- The BBC offers opportunities for worship and reflection:
- Prayer resource
- The UK Blessing
But the church is not simply singing a blessing, each day we're looking to practically be a blessing. Many of the churches included in this song have assisted with supplying over 400,000 meals to the most vulnerable and isolated in our nation since COVID-19 lockdown began. This alongside phone calls to the isolated, pharmacy delivery drops and hot meals to the NHS frontline hospital staff.
We hope that the Canalside Churches are a blessing to many too at this time.
Click on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUtll3mNj5U to enjoy this song.
Our buildings may be closed but the church is very much alive!
- Prayer for Kadugli, Sudan
Click Prayer for Kadugli June 2020 for a prayer request and update from Bradford Deanery Lay Chairman, John Joy, regarding the situation in Kadugli and other parts of Sudan.
- A SONG TO LISTEN TO
- Worship for everyone. Worship for all the family, broadcast on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 4.00pm. Previous broadcasts available online.
- RSCM Hymn of the Day
- Prayer resources
- Salisbury Cathedral daily reflections and services
- Time to Pray App for Smartphones can be downloaded free of charge.
- Do you like quizzes?
- Play a variety of quizzes online on all sort of subjects by clicking
- Memorise Bible verses - read Top Tips from the Bible Society to help you. https://www.biblesociety.org.uk/explore-the-bible (...)
- Community support
- A prayer for the current situation
God of love, circle us with your grace and hope.
Protect we pray all those who suffer in mind body and spirit.
Protect and strengthen all those working in our health services,
planning in our local and national governments,
all local businesses and those with financial worries,
and all those who are already isolated or alone.
Fill our parish, our diocese our country and our world
with your spirit of love and compassion.
May the light of life burn brightly in our communities
and may we know the peace that passes all understanding.